Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Reinholds during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at County Line Mechanical LLC will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call County Line Mechanical LLC at 717-216-0846 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.