Whether you like winter or favor the warmer months in Reinholds, a lot of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a large impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Check weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it must be switched out. We advocate at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can fix temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. The professionals at County Line Mechanical LLC can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give County Line Mechanical LLC in Reinholds a call to start down the right path. Give us a shout at 717-216-0846 or book an appointment with us online.