Spring is in the air here in Reinholds and that means vacation plans are on the horizon. While you’re planning what you need to pack and take with you, don’t forget what stays behind, your home. The County Line Mechanical LLC team has some helpful advice that will work to keep your home protected and help save some money on your utility bills while you revel in a well-deserved vacation.
- Install Timers - Timers are a low cost way to make your home look as though you’re still home by turning off and on the lights as if you never left. It’s a good idea to program your lights to correspond with your regular schedule.
- Enlist the help of a house-sitter - If you have a trusted friend or family member, ask them if they’d mind stopping by and [[checking in on|check up on|look over]18 the house while you’re away. There’s no greater peace of mind than a text while you’re you’re on vacation letting you know that everything at home is just fine.
- Wait to share - We aren’t going to say not to share photos of your amazing sabbatical on social media, but try to put it off until after you make it home to post information about your trip. Family and friends most likely already know you’re leaving so there’s no reason letting potential criminals know your intentions. Everyone will be just as delighted by the fantastic things you saw after you safely return home.
- Hold the Mail - The USPS has made it more effortless than ever to put a hold on your mail you can do it online right now.
- Unplugged - If an electrical device is plugged in, even if it’s not on, it’s using energy. An effortless way to cut back on energy while you’re out of town is to unplug a couple of your electronics. Something that you may overlook unplugging is your garage door. It will cut back on energy and it will also be another safeguard for your home.
- Adjust the thermostat - If you’re not going to be home there’s no reason to keep your home heated and cooled to your comfort level. If you have a digital thermostat you can set the thermostat back to your ideal level so you arrive back to a safe, cozy home.
These are some simple tips to add to your spring break prep checklist, right after finding the perfect bathing suit. If you have any questions about securing your home this season or want to review additional energy saving tips, give County Line Mechanical LLC in Reinholds a call at 717-216-0846.