According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some indications that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, is there a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to contact County Line Mechanical LLC in Reinholds about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the professionals at County Line Mechanical LLC. Annual checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system operating at peak performance. Examining your system often and replacing the air filter when required will also help keep your ducts open.
More ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let debris in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters regularly and switch them out when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or moist condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Reinholds home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at County Line Mechanical LLC at 717-216-0846 or schedule an appointment online.