Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Reinholds summertime, have the specialists at County Line Mechanical LLC perform your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Look for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call County Line Mechanical LLC today at 717-216-0846.