You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at County Line Mechanical LLC have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a major dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting acclimated to the current temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your County Line Mechanical LLC technician is over for your yearly furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 717-216-0846.