Living in comfort in the summer can be taken for granted, particularly until you feel a taste of anxiety with an air conditioner failure. It can hit at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and abruptly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so warm wrapped in your covers. Think you’re feeling this uneasiness? It might be time for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be running appropriately, but it still reads that the temperature is over 80 degrees. It’s most often caused by an ancient or faulty air conditioner that demands a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners stop working, especially bearing in mind the weather in Reinholds. Here are a couple of things that you can look for before you call County Line Mechanical LLC if you think your air conditioner has quit working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your exterior air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and discover that the fan isn’t functioning properly, it means that the heat movement isn’t occurring, causing the warm air to hang around in your home. This malfunction can also trigger overheating of the compressor and other likely internal harm to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most familiar problems that County Line Mechanical LLC sees. These filthy filters in your air conditioner decrease appropriate airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really tricky when allergy season strikes. Unclean air filters can also reduce the efficiency in your home and boost your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always search for an barrier or blockage in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can initiate your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and slow down.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t concealed by furniture or other home items, also.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also slowed down from exterior obstructions around your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can influence it’s cooling abilities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned routinely to reduce the possibility of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve worked through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t working, here are a list of questions and steps that you should inspect and answer to get your system up and functioning again. (Only progress to the next question if the system doesn’t start after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature set below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL setting?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box whole or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things fix your system operation, call County Line Mechanical LLC at 717-216-0846.
Don’t let an air conditioner failure or replacement keep you awake at night. If you follow these procedures and keep your system under regular maintenance, you should have you air conditioner running again in no time. Our team at County Line Mechanical LLC in Reinholds is always here to assist – give us a call at 717-216-0846.